The Senate Committee on Natural Resources will hold a hearing titled "Energy Efficiency of Blockchain and Similar Technologies." The purpose of the hearing is to consider the energy efficiency of blockchain and similar technologies and the cybersecurity possibilities of such technologies for energy industry applications. In particular, should we expect electricity prices to increase from rising electricity demand in blockchain applications? In addition, how can we evaluate whether blockchain and similar approaches will soon improve the cybersecurity of computing systems used to supply our energy?
- Mr. Paul Skare: Chief Cyber Security and Technical Group Manager, Energy and Environment Directorate, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Mr. Thomas Golden: Program Manager, Technology Innovation, Electric Power Research Institute
- Ms. Claire Henly: Managing Director, Energy Web Foundation
- Dr. Arvind Narayanan: Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, Princeton University
- Dr. Robert Kahn: President and CEO, Corporation for National Research Initiatives
Members of the public may attend in person or via webcast. More information is available at the Committee's website.