The House Committee on Energy and Commerce's Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations will hold a hearing titled "U.S. Public Health Response to the Zika Virus: Continuing Challenges". The hearing will examine challenges and concerns with the U.S. public health response to the Zika virus outbreak, including the ability to determine the link between Zika and other illnesses, the efficacy and limits of available diagnostic testing, the status of vaccine development, and the federal government’s plan to respond to the potential future spread of the virus.
- Dr. Luciana Borio – Acting Chief Scientist, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Dr. Rick A. Bright – Director, Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority; Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Dr. Anthony Fauci – Director, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health
- Dr. Timothy Persons – Chief Scientist, U.S. Government Accountability Office
- Dr. Lyle R. Petersen – Director, Division of Vector-Borne Diseases, National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention